WHY DOES BUSINESS GET INVOLVED IN THE ARTS?
It's relatively simple for a business of any size to form a partnership with the arts that yields returns for business, the arts and the community. Such a collaboration may enable a business to:
- • Advance its strategic goals.
- • Reach new customers and markets.
- • Increase customer and employee loyalty.
- • Enhance its name recognition and its reputation as a concerned citizen of the community.
- • Enrich the quality of life in its operating community.
- • Increase its bottom-line.
By providing support to the Arts & Business Council and strengthening the arts, the corporate community benefits in five major ways.
- 1. The arts stimulate the economic revitalization of our communities
- 2. Develop skilled and motivated employees
- 3. Benefits businesses directly through increased brand recognition, product sales, community goodwill, and positive visibility.
- 4. Employees involved in Business Volunteers for the Arts and Arts Board Miami receive important and innovative professional development training and opportunities that improve their morale and skills.
- 5. The arts foster stronger local economies, generate corporate good will, provide employment, help kids get better grades and test scores, and – yes – help make our lives more fulfilling.
The Arts & Business Council of Miami serves as a catalyst in the community, sparking vital partnerships between business and the arts that strengthen the business side of the arts, and facilitate creativity, leadership and civic involvement in the business community. In this way we help ensure the long-term economic and cultural vitality of Miami-Dade. It is increasingly clear that the arts remain a key element in making American business competitive. The arts develop the kinds of minds, the kind of thinker, the kind of manager that businesses must have to remain competitive in the global marketplace, especially in a multi-cultural community like Miami. Workers today must be creative and innovative individuals who are capable of dealing with rapid change, and have a team oriented work style. The arts are clearly a major element in developing the specific skills and working style important to industry today.
ABC Miami works closely with area businesses to facilitate direct employee participation in the arts through innovative programs including:
- 1. Arts Connection direct service volunteer program
- 2. South Florida Arts Database
- 3. National Arts Marketing Project™
- 4. Business Volunteers for the Arts™
- 5. MetLife National Arts Forums™
- 6. Serving the Arts Awards and Luncheon
- 7. Arts Board Miami